Business Plan Competition
HavaStartup is an annual competition organized by ASU at Lake Havasu in collaboration with the Lake Havasu Chamber Foundation for Education and Leadership and Better Business Bureau. The competition is organized to provide new entrepreneurs a chance to share and improve their innovative business ideas, products, prototype, services, etc.
The goal of HavaStartup 2023–24 is to find new and established business's looking to create a business plan and grow their business. This will result in economic development in Lake Havasu City, encouraging and supporting local entrepreneurs and their businesses.
Who can enter the competition?
The business plan can be for commercial (financial returns) or nonprofit (social change) purposes and the focus can be any innovative idea from any industry (product or service). Participants and team members should have a meaningful role in the venture and competition.
- Anyone who is a resident from Lake Havasu City with a new business idea to start a business in Lake Havasu.
- We will emphasize applicants with businesses that are already operating for less than three (3) years or aim to open their business soon in Lake Havasu City.
- Team: 1-6 members.
- Contestants who participated in a previous year are not eligible to compete again with the same concept
- You will be fully able to disclose your business models and plans.
- The participants have to mention how they are going to utilize the money to develop their business.
|Date, Time and Location||Events|
|Tues., Nov. 14th at 6:00pm - Fri, Jan. 19th, 2024, 5pm. (Online via Google Form or uploading a video at ASU Social Media (Facebook)||Online Registration period|
|Tues, Nov. 14th at 6:00pm Santiago109, ASU at Lake Havasu||Information Session|
|Tues, Feb 1, 2024 (Online)||Announcement of Finalist from Round 1 of Competition|
|Tues, Feb 1, 2024 - Fri, March 1st, 2024||Meet Your Mentor (Optional)|
|Fri, March 1st, 2024, at 5:00pm by uploading in Dropbox||Final Business Plan submission|
|Wed, March 27th 2024, 5:30pm Santiago 109/107, ASU at Lake Havasu||Winner's Business Plan Showcase and Award Ceremony|
Advisory board and steering committee members
- Dr. Carla Harcleroad, Executive Director, ASU at Lake Havasu
- Dr. Leepsa Nabaghan Madhabika, Organizer & Coordinator, ASU at Lake Havasu
- Andrea Helart, President and CEO, Lake Havasu Area Chamber of Commerce
- Ms. Kryistyna Hook, Director of Media Relations, Better Business Bureau Serving the Pacific Southwest
- Mr. Jason Mullavey, Sr. Systems Analyst, Desktop Services (ET)
If you have any questions about HavaStartup Business Plan Competition, please contact Dr. Leepsa Nabaghan Madhabika directly at email@example.com.